- FREE SHIPPING TO UK MAINLAND ON ORDERS OVER £45
- ¾ cup brown rice
- 2 tablespoons TIANA Fair Trade Organics Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
- ½ medium onion, chopped
- 1 stalk of celery, chopped
- ½ bell pepper, chopped
- 3 to 4 chicken breasts cut in bite-size pieces*
- Some flour
- 1½ teaspoons salt
- ? teaspoon pepper
- 4 ounces fresh mushrooms, chopped
- 1 can (120 g) pimiento
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup coconut milk (dilute 2 parts TIANA Fair Trade Organic Raw Coconut Goodness with 3 parts of water to make coconut milk)
- 1 cup cheese, shredded
- Cayenne (optional)
Soak up the rice in 2¼ cups of water for at least 4 hours or overnight. Simmer for 45 minutes or until water is absorbed and rice is tender. Set aside.
Heat TIANA Fair Trade Organics Extra Virgin Coconut Oil in a large skillet. Saute onion, celery and bell pepper until tender. Add chicken and blend in flour, salt and pepper. Add mushrooms, pimiento, chicken broth and coconut milk (dilute 1 part TIANA Fair Trade Organic Raw Coconut Goodness with 3 parts of water to make coconut milk). Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer, stirring frequently. Cook until mixture thickens slightly and chicken is cooked. Combine mixture with rice and pour into a baking dish. Layer top with shredded cheese and a little cayenne. Cook uncovered in an oven at 180 degrees Celsius for 35 minutes.
COOK’s TIP: *You may substitute 1 6-ounce can of tuna for the chicken if you desire.