Gingered Sweet Potatoes in Coconut Sauce Recipe
Nov 25, 2019
GINGERED SWEET POTATOES IN COCONUT SAUCE
Prep Time: 5 min
Cook Time: 30 min
• 1 tablespoon of TIANA® Fairtrade Organics Raw Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
• 400ml coconut milk (made from TIANA® Fairtrade Organics Raw Coconut Goodness)
• 1 onion diced
• 1 tablespoon ground ginger
• 1 tablespoon curry powder
• 1 large sweet potato, cut in bite sized pieces
• 1 cup pineapple chopped
• 1 tablespoon tamari sauce (you can choose soy and gluten-free sauce)
• 1 teaspoon salt
1. Heat TIANA® coconut oil in a large saucepan. Sauté onions until tender.
2. Mix in ginger and curry powder and cook for another 1 to 2 minutes until fragrant.
3. To make coconut milk, dilute 1 part of TIANA® Raw Coconut Goodness (here 100ml) with 3 parts water (here 300ml).
3. Add coconut milk, sweet potatoes, pineapple, tamari sauce and salt.
4. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 25 to 30 mins until sweet potatoes are soft but still firm enough to keep their shape.