NUTRITIOUS AND LIGHT KALE AND CAULIFLOWER SOUP
Prep Time: 5 min
Cook Time: 25 min
• 3 tablespoons of TIANA® Fairtrade Organics Odourless Virgin Cooking Butter
• 1 head of cauliflower, cut into florets (700g)
• 1 bunch of kale, stems removed and leaves cut into small pieces (250g)
• 1 medium onion, diced
• 1 small carrot, chopped
• 3 garlic cloves, pressed
• 1.5L to 2L of vegetable stock (depending on how thick you like your soup)
• 20g of cashew
• salt and black pepper to taste
• optional: coconut milk for a creamy touch (without cream), made from TIANA® Fairtrade Organics Raw Coconut Goodness
1. Chop Cauliflower head into florets. Remove stems from kale and cut leaves into small pieces. Chop the carrot.
2. In a large stock pot, heat 2 tablespoons of TIANA® Odourless Butter and add diced onions. Cook for 5 to 7 minutes until onions become translucent. Add garlic and cook for 2 minutes or until garlic becomes fragrant.
3. Add cauliflower, kale, carrot and vegetable stock to the pot. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes until cauliflower, kale and carrot are tender.
4. Blend soup with a blender until smooth. Return to stock pot and simmer for an additional 10 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, roast the cashews in a pan with 1 tablespoon of TIANA® Odourless Butter.
5. Serve soup hot. Add cashews on top. You can serve it with Vegan Gluten Free Soda Bread slices here.
To add a creamy touch without cream, add 240 ml of coconut milk. To make fresh coconut milk, dilute TIANA® Fairtrade Organics Raw Coconut Goodness in warm water: 1 part of TIANA® Raw Coconut Goodness (here 60ml) to 3 parts of water (here 180ml). Once coconut milk added, bring soup to another boil, and simmer for 5 minutes, and serve.