Tiana Fairtrade Organics Raw Vegan Coconut and Lemon Pie Recipe
Dec 28, 2019
RAW VEGAN COCONUT AND LEMON PIE
Servings: 8 for 1 pie
Prep Time: 15 min + refrigerate 3 hours (+ soak nuts 2 days before)
For the crust
• 1 tablespoon TIANA® Fairtrade Organics Odourless Virgin Cooking Butter, melted
• 340g almonds, soaked 24-48 hours and dehydrated 20 hours
• 130g unsweetened shredded dried coconut
For the filling
• 4 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
• 2 tablespoons lemon zest• 70g cashews or macadamia nuts, soaked 1 hour
• 85g pitted dates, soaked 20 minutes
• 1 tablespoon psyllium powder
• To decorate: lemon and lime zest
1. Place the almonds in a food processor fitted with the S blade and well process. Gradually add the dried coconut and TIANA® melted butter (under warm water) and process until well blended. Press into a 25cm glass pie plate.
2. Combine TIANA® raw coconut goodness, macadamia nuts and dates in a blender and process until smooth and thick. Add lemon juice, zest and psyllium powder and well process.
3. Pour the filling into the prepared crust and refrigerate for 3 hours before serving.
4. Add shredded coconut, lemon and lime zest before serving.
Optional (as not raw): grated vegan white chocolate on top.