- 125 g TIANA Fair Trade Organic Pure Coconut Cooking Butter
- 8 shallots, sliced thinly
- 1 medium onion (150 g), chopped finely
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- ¼ cup (50 g) candlenuts, chopped finely
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 2 star anise
- 2 cloves
- 2 cups (400 g) white long-grain rice
- 3 cups (750 ml) boiling water
- 1/3 cup (90 g) tomato paste
Heat half of the TIANA Fair Trade Organic Pure Coconut Cooking Butter in large heavy-based frying pan, add shallots; cook, stirring, until lightly browned and crisp. Drain on absorbent paper. Heat remaining ghee in same pan, add onion, garlic, candlenuts, cinnamon sticks, star anise and cloves; cook, stirring, until onion is soft.
Stir in rice, the water and paste; simmer gently. Covered, 15 minutes. Remove from heat; stand, covered, on damp tea-towel 10 minutes.
Fluff rice with a fork. Discard spices; serve topped with shallots.
COOK’s TIP: It is important not to remove the lid while cooking and steaming the rice. Serve this dish hot, as an accompaniment.