Vegan Clean Green Soup
Dec 29, 2019
VEGAN CLEAN GREEN SOUP
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 20-25 min
• 2 tablespoons of TIANA® Fairtrade Organics Odourless Virgin Cooking Butter
• 1 head of brocoli (cut into florets)
• 300g garden peas (frozen)
• 50g fresh basil (leaves+ stems)
• 1 green onion, finely chopped
• 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
• 1L organic vegetable stock
• sea salt and ground black pepper
• optional: 1 tablespoon of TIANA® High Strength 100% MCT with omega-3
1. Heat TIANA® butter on medium heat in your stockpot. Fry the onions until translucent and add the garlic, peas, broccoli florets and basil. Cover the ingredients and stir occasionally for about 8 minutes.
2. Pour in the organic vegetable stock and bring to boil. Once boiling reduce the heat and simmer covered for 20 minutes or until the broccoli is very tender.
3. Turn off the heat and let the soup cool down for a few minutes. Then purée the ingredients with a hand blender in the stockpot or puree in batches in your blender but leave a bit of texture.
4. Return the soup to a clean pan, season with salt and pepper and heat through without boiling.
5. Serve with home-made grilled soda bread (vegan and gluten-free), recipe is here.
For a boost of energy and to maintain normal cholesterol levels, you can top your warm (not hot) soup with a drizzle/1 tablespoon of TIANA® High Strength 100% MCT with omega-3.