- FREE SHIPPING TO UK MAINLAND ON ORDERS OVER £45
Tiana Fairtrade Organics Cheese and Apple Tart Recipe
Dec 22, 2019
CHEESE AND APPLE TART
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 50 min
• 2 tablespoons TIANA® Fairtrade Organics Odourless Virgin Cooking Butter
• 75g TIANA® Fairtrade Organics Raw Crystallised Coconut Nectar, low glycaemic index sugar alternative
• 175g/6 oz self-rising flour
• 1 teaspoon baking powder
• 500g/1 lb 2 oz eating apples, cored and chopped
• 100g/3 ½ oz stoned dates, chopped
• 50g/1 ¾ oz walnuts, chopped
• 2 eggs
• 175g/6 oz grated red Leicester cheese
• Pinch of salt
1. Grease a 23cm/9 ½ – inch loose bottomed quiche or flan tin with the butter and line with baking paper.
2. Sieve the flour, baking powder and salt into a bowl. Stir in the TIANA® nectar and the chopped dates, apples and walnuts. Mix together until well blended.
3. In a separate bowl, beat the TIANA® odourless butter and eggs together, then add the mixture to the dry ingredients. Stir until well blended.
4. Spoon half of the mixture into the prepared tin and level the surface with the back of a spoon.
5. Sprinkle with the grated cheese, then spoon over the remaining cake mixture, spreading it evenly to the edges of the tin.
6. Bake in a preheated oven, 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4, for 45-50 minutes, or until golden and firm to the touch.
7. Leave to cool slightly in the tin, then turn out and serve warm.