COCONUT INFUSED BANANA, BLUEBERRY AND PECAN PANCAKES
Prep Time: 15
Cook Time: 25 min
• 1 teaspoon of baking powder
• 1 ripe banana, peeled and mashed
• 200g/7oz blueberries
1. Preheat the oven to 120°C fan/gas ½.
2. In a food processor, pulse the oats until you have a coarse flour. Transfer to a large bowl. Add the baking powder and salt.
3. In a separate bowl, mix the mashed banana with the milk (you can do this in the food processor, if you like). Beat the banana mixture into the dry ingredients and leave the batter to sit for a few minutes.
For the blueberry compote, put the blueberries and TIANA® coconut nectar
in a small frying pan and cook for 3-4 minutes, or until you have a thick shiny compote. Set aside until ready to serve.
5. Heat a non-stick pan over a medium heat. Add the banana slices and fry on both sides in the dry pan until golden-brown and caramelised. Keep warm in the oven.
Put the pan back on the heat and add a little TIANA® coconut oil
. Drop in a generous tablespoon of batter for each pancake. Once the sides are cooked and bubbles have risen to the top, scatter over a handful of blueberries and flip the pancake over.
7. Turn them over and cook for a further couple of minutes until they become lightly coloured.
8. Keep them warm in the oven while you cook the remaining pancakes.
9. Serve the pancakes in a stack with the banana slices. Add some chopped pecans and a squeeze of lime, and, if you like, with a drizzle of maple syrup. Serve the compote on the side.