Cranberry Energy Granola Crunch
22 Dec 2019
CRANBERRY ENERGY GRANOLA CRUNCH
Prep Time: 15 min
Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 45 min
• 4 tablespoons TIANA® Fairtrade Organics Raw Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
• 4 tablespoons TIANA® Fairtrade Organics Odourless Virgin Butter with omega 3
• 4 tablespoons TIANA® Fairtrade Organics Raw Active Honey of your choice
• 40g TIANA® Fairtrade Organics Crystallised Raw Coconut Nectar, low glycaemic index sugar alternative
• 60g TIANA® Fairtrade Organics CocoTop Snack Sweet (Coconut Chips)
• 250g old fashioned oats (must be pure to be gluten-free)
• 80g dried cranberries
• ¼ teaspoon Cinnamon
• 120ml purified water
• Optional, for a richer content: 20g of almonds and 20g of pine nuts
1. Preheat oven to 180° or 190°C fan-assisted.
2. Melt and mix TIANA® coconut oil, butter, honey, nectar, water, as well as the cinnamon in glass measuring cup.
3. Spread old fashioned oats in a 20x30cm (or 9x13 inch) baking pan.
4. Pour in the liquid mixture of TIANA® coconut oil & other melted ingredients, and stir until all the oats are saturated.
5. Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes, uncovered.
6. Remove from oven and flip over sections of the oats with spatula until all are overturned.
7. Bake for another 15 minutes uncovered.
8. Remove again, stir, and add a final 10 minutes in the oven uncovered until all are evenly lightly browned. (Total baking time is 45 minutes).
9. Once cooled, add and mix in dried cranberries and coconut chips. Add the optional almonds and pine nuts.
10. Serve plain, or with plant-based milk*, or serve as a topping to yogurt, ice cream, etc.
*Coconut Milk to be made using TIANA® Fairtrade Organics Raw Coconut Goodness. When diluted in warm water it makes fresh coconut milk: 1 part of TIANA® Fairtrade Organics Raw Coconut Goodness to 3 parts of water.