Delicious Chocolate Dessert
Dec 22, 2019
DELICIOUS CHOCOLATE DESSERT
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 45 mins
• 4 tablespoon TIANA® Fairtrade Organics Crystallised Coconut Nectar, low glycaemic index sugar alternative
• 4 egg yolks
• 50 g/1 ¾ oz organic dark chocolate
• 125 ml/4 fl oz Marsala wine
Optional, to serve: Amaretto biscuits
1. Put the egg yolks and TIANA® Fairtrade Organics Coconut Nectar into a large glass bowl and, using an electric whisk, whisk together until the mixture is very pale.
2. Grate the chocolate finely and fold into the egg mixture.
3. Fold the Marsala wine into the chocolate mixture.
4. Put the bowl over a pan of gently simmering water and set the electric whisk on the lowest speed or swap to a balloon whisk.
5. Cook gently, whisking continuously, until the mixture thickens. Take care not to overcook or the mixture will curdle.
6. Spoon the hot mixture into warmed individual glass dishes or coffee cups and serve the chocolate dessert as soon as possible, while it is warm, light and fluffy accompanied by amaretto biscuits.
COOK’s TIP: Make the dessert just before serving as it will separate if left to stand. If it begins to curdle, remove it from the heat immediately and put into a bowl of cold water to stop the cooking. Whisk furiously until the mixture comes together.