New Style Pancakes with Coconut Flour
27 Dec 2019
NEW STYLE PANCAKES WITH COCONUT FLOUR
Prep Time: 10 min + 10 waiting time
Cook Time: 20 min
• 2 tablespoons TIANA® Fairtrade Organics Extra Virgin Coconut Oil or TIANA® Fairtrade Organics Odourless Virgin Cooking Butter, melted
• 5 tablespoons coconut milk (made with TIANA® Fairtrade Raw Coconut Goodness)
• 1 teaspoon TIANA® Fairtrade Sugar Alternative Coconut Nectar
• 2 tablespoons sifted TIANA® Fairtrade Organics Gluten-Free Coconut Baking Flour
• 2 eggs
• ¼ teaspoon salt
• ¼ teaspoon baking powder
• Optional: fruits, TIANA® Fairtrade Organic Raw Active Honey or TIANA® Fairtrade Organics Sugar Alternative Coconut Nectar for a sweet touch
1. To prepare the coconut milk simply warm TIANA® Coconut Goodness by standing it in hot water for up to 10 minutes. Once the content becomes a thick semi liquid then stir thoroughly. Use two parts of TIANA® Coconut Goodness with three parts water.
2. Blend together eggs, TIANA® Coconut Oil, Coconut milk, Coconut Nectar and salt.
3. Combine TIANA® Coconut Flour with baking powder and thoroughly mix into batter.
4. Heat 1 tablespoon of coconut oil in a skillet. Spoon batter onto hot skillet making pancakes about 2 ½ to 3 inches in diameter. Batter will be thick, but will flatten out when cooking.
5. Cook each pancake on a pan.
6. Serve plain, with fruits or honey.
For Pecan Pancakes
Make Pancakes as directed above and add ½ cup of chopped pecans.
For Blueberry Pancakes
Make Pancakes as directed and, after mixing in the coconut milk, fold in ½ cup of dry fresh blueberries.