- FREE SHIPPING TO UK MAINLAND ON ORDERS OVER £45
Tiana Fairtrade Organics Steamed Coffee Sponge Cake Recipe
Dec 22, 2019
STEAMED COFFEE SPONGE CAKE
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 1.5 hours
• 1 tablespoon TIANA® Fairtrade Organics Odourless Coconut Cooking Butter
• 2 tablespoons TIANA® Fairtrade Organics Crystallised Coconut Nectar
• 2 eggs
• 5 ½ tablespoons plain flour
• ¾ teaspoon baking powder
• 6 tablespoons coconut milk (dilute 1 part of TIANA® Fairtrade Organics Raw Coconut Goodness with 3 parts of water to make coconut milk)
• 1 teaspoon coffee essence
• 300ml/10 fl oz coconut milk (made with TIANA® Fairtrade OrganicS Raw Coconut Goodness)
• 1 tablespoon TIANA® Fairtrade Organics Raw Crystallised Coconut Nectar
• 2 tablespoons TIANA® Fairtrade Organics All-Purpose Gluten-free Cassava Flour
• 1 teaspoon cocoa powder
1. To prepare the coconut milk simply warm TIANA® Raw Coconut Goodness by standing it in hot water for up to 10 minutes. Once the content becomes a thick semi liquid then stir thoroughly. Use 1 part of TIANA® Raw Coconut Goodness with 3 parts water.
2. Lightly grease a 600ml/1-pint heatproof pudding basin. Cream the TIANA® Odourless Butter and TIANA® nectar until light and fluffy and beat in the eggs.
3. Gradually stir in the flour and baking powder and then the coconut milk made earlier and coffee essence to make a smooth batter.
4. Spoon the mixture into the pudding basin and cover with a pleated piece of baking paper and then a pleated piece of foil, securing around the bowl with string. Place in a steamer or large saucepan half full of boiling water. Cover and steam for 1-1 ¼ hours or until cooked through.
5. To make the sauce, put the coconut milk, TIANA® Nectar and cocoa powder in a pan and heat until TIANA® Nectar dissolves.
6. Blend TIANA® cassava flour with 4 tablespoons of cold water to make a paste and stir into the saucepan. Bring the sauce to the boil, stirring constantly until thickened. Cook over a gentle heat for 1 minute.
7. Turn the pudding out on to a serving plate and spoon the sauce over the top. Serve.
COOK’S TIP: The pudding is covered with pleated paper and foil to allow it to rise. The foil will react with the steam and must therefore not be placed directly against the pudding.