SAGE AND ROSEMARY DINNER ROLLS
Prep Time: 30 min
Cook Time: 40 min
2 ¼ teaspoons of regular yeast (1 packet)
• 1 ¼ cups of warm water
• 2 ¼ cups bread flour
• 1 ½ tablespoons minced fresh sage
• 1 ½ tablespoons of minced fresh rosemary
• ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
• 1 ½ teaspoons salt
In a large bowl, whisk together the water, yeast and TIANA® coconut nectar
, and set aside for about 5 minutes.
3. When the yeast mixture is bubbly, add the flour mixture and stir until a wet dough forms
4. Add small amounts of flour – just until the dough doesn’t stick too much to your hands: either kneed in the bowl or on the work top for about 8 minutes so the dough will be very soft and should be smooth.
Lightly oil the bowl with TIANA® coconut oil
, and place the dough in
, cover with plastic wrap and let rise for about 1 hour.
6. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. When the dough has doubled in size, press it down to deflate and let it rest for 5 minutes.
7. Lightly flour the counter and divide the dough into 12 equal pieces. Roll the pieces into balls and place on the baking sheet. Using scissors snip a deep cross into the tops of each roll, then cover with a clean kitchen towel and leave to rise for 30 minutes.
8. Preheat the oven to 180°C.Bake the rolls for about 20-25 minutes, or until lightly brown on top and firm on the bottom.
9. Cool rolls on a wire rack or serve warm alongside Garlic butter.